1058 N. Egan
The hospital was built by the Catholic Sisters of St. Joseph in 1920 using native stone. Patients were housed on the second floor and doctor’s offices, X-ray equipment, and living quarters were on the ground floor. In 1917, Dr. B. F. Smith came to Harney County. The hospital was sold to the Edward Hines Lumber Company in 1929, and in 1937, Dr. B. F. Smith began management of the Valley View Hospital under contract for medical care of the lumber company employees.
The hospital building was converted into apartments in 1947 and the Harney District Hospital opened to the public May 1, 1950.